As a citizen of a Nordic country, you have the right to freely live and work in Sweden without registering with the Migration Board. However, you should register with the Swedish Tax Agency in order to gain a Swedish personal identity number.

Bringing your family

Any family members who are Nordic citizens enjoy the same right to live in Sweden. Regulations for family members who are citizens of other countries vary based on several factors; see the Migration Board’s website for guidelines.

What’s next?

Once you’ve decided to come to Sweden for work, it’s time to start planning your move. Read the step-by-step guide for an overview of all the practicalities to keep in mind when planning a move to Sweden.

Source: SI

Leave a Reply